Boston Motor Vehicle Offense Lawyers Helping Clients After Traffic Infractions
In the state of Massachusetts, law enforcement takes motor vehicle offenses very seriously. This is because our state considers driving a privilege and not a right and will punish those who violate the laws accordingly. That is why you should not take these charges lightly and must work with a qualified and accomplished automobile offense lawyer at once.
At Toland Law, LLC, our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients accused of motor vehicle offenses and provide aggressive representation when you need it most. Because we have an outstanding representation in the legal community, we have been asked many questions about motor vehicle offenses in Suffolk County.
Here are some frequently asked questions we have received from our former clients:
- In Massachusetts, what is considered a motor vehicle offense?
- What are the penalties for motor vehicle offenses in Boston?
- What to do when you’ve been accused of a motor vehicle offense?
In Massachusetts, What Is Considered A Motor Vehicle Offense?
Our state has a variety of charges that can be considered motor vehicle offenses, including:
- Vehicular homicide
- Driving while your license is suspended or revoked
- Driving an uninsured motor vehicle
- Operating negligently as to endanger
- Driving without a license
- Reckless driving
- Road racing
- Drag racing
- Negligent operation and injury from mobile phone use
- Using a vehicle without the proper authority
- Failing to obey law enforcement officers
- Leaving the scene after an accident
- Concealing your identity by attaching the wrong license plates
- And much more
What Are The Penalties For Motor Vehicle Offenses In Boston?
In Suffolk County, when a police officer stops you for a motor vehicle violation, you may suffer the following consequences on the spot:
- Be arrested
- Your motor vehicle will be towed
- You will lose your license
- You can be sent to jail until your court date
If you are convicted of a motor vehicle offense, you can face the following penalties:
- Hefty fines
- Lengthy jail or prison terms
- Community service
Also, your license will be immediately suspended or revoked for 30 days up to a lifetime, depending on the circumstances of the offense.
Contact One Of The Top Motor Vehicle Offenses Law Firm In Boston, MA
If you have been accused of a motor vehicle offense, you need to speak with a qualified criminal defense lawyer who offers years of experience handling cases that are similar to yours. At Toland Law, LLC we have the skills and knowledge that are needed to help you get the best possible outcome to your case.
When you work with our defense attorneys, our goal is to have your case dismissed or reduced and we will do whatever it takes to help you win. Our award-winning attorneys are aggressive in their approach and will craft a defense strategy that will cater to your best legal options.
To schedule a consultation with the Boston motor vehicle offense lawyers of Toland Law, LLC, give us a call at (781) 819-3647. You can also fill out the contact form on our website and we will return your call in a timely manner.